Friday, June 19, 2009

Seriously....no really....Seriously....

Ok...so every now and then I have to voice some concerns I have about our society and lately, I have been overwhelmed with stories in the news I can not even find a place to start. I am blown away by the news that is put out and the topics that people in society create. I am also blown away by how foolish...or, can I just call it what it really is? (thanks) Absolutely ignorant and down right crazy mess!! I mean really, we have to do a better job at life and stop all this craziness. Now I know what your saying....you are saying that you are not one of these people and you may agree or disagree but it is like the old saying..."that happens to other people, not me" the problem with that is......you are the "other" person sometimes and therefor not exempt from issues and craziness. On the other hand, we may not contribute to it and that is true...but what are we doing to stop it? What are we doing to address the mess and help others see a better way? What are we doing to help society fix what is going to end up destroying us. After spending the week breezing over the news...here is some of the items we are facing...NFL suspends Stallworth indefinitely and people are so surprised and can not believe it. Saying that this is a harsh punishment handed down by the NFL. Really? Seriously? He killed a man while driving his car...drunk!! Again, he killed a man and only got 30 days in jail!!!! And we are so shocked the NFL was so harsh? Really? What is crazy is..Mike Vick served over a year and a half for killing or having a part in the killing of dogs. Again...dogs. So you can kill a man while driving drunk...which is also illegal...but do not kill a dog or have an association with those who do kill dogs...or you will be torn apart by protest and complaints. Where are the protests against the jail time for Stallworth? Also in the news...attacks against President Obama for killing a fly on T.V. and the complaint is he violated "bug rights". Seriously? Really? Come on...I am rolling my eyes as I type this. "Bug rights"...Really? But Cheney can hunt quail on a private farm that have been raised specifically for hunting. To quote a famous mind..."that's all I have to say about that." Next....Jon & Kate....'nuff said. Again...it is suppose to be news worthy. Also in the news, a convicted sex offender found guilty AGAIN of raping a 4 year old child gets 1 year in jail. One year? Really? Seriously? So..kill a man while you are drunk, rape a child when you have a record for that already....no big deal, max 1 year. Associate with people who killed some dogs or kill a fly...you are so unworthy to walk the earth? Really? Some other areas for concern with these....Take God out of school but make it legal for teachers to have sex with students as long as they are 18. (Washington state) It is unconstitutional to have a moment of silence in schools (Illinois) but after attending multiple graduations for the class of 2009, every single one started with a prayer and every single student thanked God for the journey they have endured and wish their classmates God's blessings. So who is crazy now? The students or the parents who complain and demand God to be moved out of school? Or better yet, us, the church for our lack of toughness on addressing these issues and bringing God back up in the schools and making our voice heard among the others in the world. We have let the competition take control and our God has commanded us to tell others about His word and address these issues. As I look over these stories and the many more like them, I have to sit back and be concerned about the direction we are headed. I also am thankful that I serve the God I serve who is able to lift me above the troubles, however He does not leave me to ignore the issues rather address them and give them a voice. Let your voice be heard, let your heart be filled with passion and motivation to speak the word of God to a dying world. The latest news clips are examples of the lost souls trying to find purpose. I would dare to say that their purpose is not chasing a President who kills a fly and not ignoring the needs of a child who has been raped. It is not finding justice in placing more value on a dogs life than that of a humans. God will judge our actions...so what actions have you taken?

No comments: